We work hand in hand with customers engineers and project managers to deliver new production facilities or to upgrade existing plant. Typically we would be involved in some or all of the following activities:
- Develop user requirements for customers internal discussions
- Agree equipment layouts – we can set out in 3D to give the operational team better visualisation and help optimise the configuration within the factory
- Write comprehensive equipment specifications and work with the customers purchasing function to deliver the best value through a competitive tender process.
- Develop a Functional Design Specification for discussion as to how the plant should operate
- Evaluate suppliers responses to assist the customer in selecting the best equipment for their process. We can help analyse the cost of ownership over the lifetime of the asset, taking into account the initial purchase price, the build quality and selection of components, the availability of support, the service interval and the cost of spare parts.
- Update the project Technical File, leading the discussion on the Design Risk Assessment, CE marking of the installation and compliance with PUWER.
- Set up and track the project engineering function using Gantt charts
- Attend pre-delivery inspection, evaluation and acceptance trials at Suppliers premises
- Plan and supervise the site installation, pre-commissioning checks, commissioning, initial plant operation, snagging lists and hand over to production